Straße der Nationen 58
CONTOR AND FABRIK
The front building was constructed between 1905 and 1910. It served as an office and trading building in the 1940s. It was later renovated to become a residential and commercial building and was in use until the 2010s. The art nouveau design elements, stucco adornments and almost originally preserved stairway give the property a unique, stately touch. The accessible route to the stairway and newly integrated lift allows residents and visitors to easily access the upper floors. The rooms, measuring more than 3 metres in height, are amply lit with high windows. Double doors and large sliding elements provide a grand ambience. All apartments have a spacious living area with kitchen and dining area. The bedroom features a dressing room and second bathroom. The master bathroom has a double sink, shower and bathtub as well as a TV connection. Additional rooms offer space for children, guests or a home office. Each apartment has a terrace or balcony and a storage room. The flooring, plumbing and electrical equipment is of high quality (see property description). The existing flooring is worth preserving in some rooms. Decisions are made whether to keep them based on wood preservation examinations.
The annex building was constructed in the 1890s as a glove factory. Various businesses operated here until the 1950s. It was then also converted into apartments after this time. The building has stood empty for around 20 years and gutted for its renovation. The richly articulated facades made of red clinker brick and porphyry base pay homage to its industrial origins and has been carefully restored. The three wheelchair-accessible apartments on the ground floor feature terraces and access to the building facade. The apartments on the upper floors have spacious, south-facing steel balconies. The openings for the balcony doors are produced in the existing building facade here.
The terraces are integrated into the floor plan in the loft apartments. These apartments receive plenty of light from a strip of windows above the eave. The staircase has a new entrance door and the flight of stairs to the first floor will be renovated. This provides the space required for the lift that allows access to all floors. The historical staircase with its finely forged railings will be carefully restored. In the upper floors, the factory character will be preserved in each of the two spacious apartments. The historical steel pillars in the central axis will be a real eye-catching feature here. Modern layouts in the rooms measuring over 3 metres in height, with large windows and doors, provide excellent lighting. All apartments have a spacious living area with kitchen and dining area, two bathrooms, utility or storage room, and a balcony or terrace. The bedrooms have a master bathroom with dressing room. Additional rooms for children, guests or an office round off the apartment. Two modern apartments with two or three-bedroom versions are in the loft, with a large inner terrace and bedroom with master bathroom and dressing room. Here, the residential requirements combine the historical building with modern floor plans. All apartments have high-quality flooring and selected plumbing and electrical equipment (see building description). Plenty of space for parking bikes is available for residents in both buildings. Each unit has an additional storage room separate to the apartment.